Monday, January 5, 2009

Doggone it!

Ok, I don't know how I feel about entertainers crossing over into politics, but if you're good enough and smart enough.. Ok, this type of humor is a bit beneath me. 

Anyway, looks like Franken has got the win and I'm glad. He seems like a smart guy and I think he is legitimately passionate about politics and seems to take all the right (and by that I mean left) positions. And I like his books, which is more than I can say for Michael Moore, not that I'm real big on preaching to the choir materials. Except for blogs, of course.

Predictably, the Conservosphere is throwing a bit of a hissy fit. There was a misleading editorial by the Wall St. Journal today claiming that Franken stole the election. So, naturally, because they have difficult with both recognizing and drawing honest comparisons, Conservobots are crying foul and wondering where the liberal outrage over the Bush election is now.

Again, I must give the Right the same advice they gave us after the Bush '01 debacle, Fuck off and get over it. Oh, and by the way, just Saying Bush won that election And wasn't just Fucking Appointed  does NOT make it true. You have to provide Facts. Which I appreciate is difficult as there Are None.

If you're interested the best blow-by-blow refutation of the Wall St. editorial is provided by Nate Silver at fivethirtyeight.com. So, i'll stop blabbing about this now. 

Rock on, Stuart.

Anyway...


No comments: