Friday, January 2, 2009

Bad Vibrations

So, for those of you who are not aware, VH-1 Classic is doing one of the most awesome things ever and I hope they keep it up every year. They are doing 2009 for 2009. That's 2009 videos starting at Midnight New Years. I have seen all sorts of crazy shit. I would like to comment on every video, but I have to work, eat, etc.. so, I'm commenting on Marky Mark.

Holy shit. Does anyone remember this video being this bad? I mean, I was impressionable at the time, and it was hardly my favorite song, but seriously, not good. Lucky for this guy he is a pretty good actor. I guess maybe the world was just impressed that he was FAR more talented than his brother. (In fairness I hated his brother almost immediately.)  (And speaking of remembering things, Fucking Captain Lou Albano is in the Girls Just Want to Have Fun Video! Captain Lou! Alright, you don't remember. Fuck you. He was in a cartoon with Hulk Hogan and Iron Sheik. Did I say Fuck You, yet? I was excited. Stop judging me. Stop.

But the most annoying part of the Good Vibrations Video, who remembers that Markie goes on this whole anti-drug verse in the middle of the song. Something about his body being a temple, blah, blah.  I didn't notice at the time. In fact, I probably thought not being on drugs was a reasonable way to go through life at the time. I was in error. I can only hope that Markie has become a serious coke fiend in the meantime. No, coke sucks. But an alcoholic at least. Something.  Life. Who deals with that shit straight? Jesus. Bad noise, man.

Anyway...

No comments: