Sunday, December 7, 2008

Smokin'!

Tom Brokaw asks the Tough questions.  Again, and not to belabor the point, but this is the sort of thing about which I can NOT give a fuck. You know what, Obama, smoke away. Have a pack on me. Or two, or three. In fact, I'll dig up a fucking hash pipe for you, just please, pretty please, do not, in Any Fucking Way, govern as your predecessor has. 

Of course, this attitude is probably due to my lax moral standards. Thank god for our serious press corp to pick up the slack. Jesus. At any rate, I didn't see this portion of the interview, but I suspect it was something of a throw-away by Brokaw. But clearly the Yahoo people are taking this seriously. I am curious to see if the Right tries to make a big deal of Barack's smoking. They have funny morals sometimes, but they always seem to side with the tobacco industry.

And, for clarity, I don't give a fuck about Bush's drinking either. Many, many fine world leaders have drunk like fish. Bush, of course, was not one of them. Maybe he shouldn't have given it up, might have helped.

Anyway...

No comments: