Thursday, December 11, 2008

How DARE You make $25/hour

Why oh why are the Republicans so hateful toward the Unions? Basically, the Republicans will only allow the bailout to go through when they break the back of the UAW.  

I'll try to link to it, but Keith Olbermann (granted, a partisan source) has a good report tonight on the efforts of Mitch McConnell and his band of Hating Haters to crush the auto bailout.  Republicans hate unions because it gives the people power to force their employers to listen to them. This allows money to flow to everybody, not just uphill. 

This is kind of a disjointed post, but I'm really angry at these fucks. And it's been covered at length by smarter people than me. But, I firmly believe the UNION DID NOT CRASH GM! Just Did NOT fucking happen. The people in charge are playing a game here in order to crush the union. Unions are dangerous to power. They dilute it, make it harder to control. The power junkies will always try to crush something like that. 

When I hear Mitch Mc-fucking-Connell (I don't know if I'm spelling his name right, and I do not care) say word one about getting rid of Huge packages to the CEOs of dying fucking banking institutions, I'll start listening to his dumb hateful ass about Unions.

Disclosure: In order to make a quick buck, I'm the proud owner of rapidly devaluating GM stock. I like to think I'd be in the union's corner in any case. Pretty safe bet on that.

Anyway...

No comments: