Monday, July 27, 2009

Quitters never... Oh, whatever.

Holy snot! I have not blogged in forever, even by my standards. Well, let me ease back into the groove slowly and easily, and that means only one topic.

Yes, folks, Sarah Palin has resigned. You may have heard. She is giving up her elected post in order to fight for the people of Alaska in a way that can only be done by giving up a post which would help her fight for the people of Alaska, but she needs the free time to... umm.. better help her constituents? Yes, it doesn't make a goddamned bit of sense, but that's our girl!

So, tonight on Countdown they ran a montage of Sarah's greatest hits. I started writing a whole essay on my feelings of Sarah, but I'll try to keep this short, as nothing I was saying was particularly insightful or unique. But, Jesus, what a train wreck.

Let me just say, I am still overcome with relief that this woman was not one Feeble Old Man Heartbeat away from the Presidency. And I am also still, slightly, Angry at that old man for putting her in that position. 

I understand Sarah's appeal to certain people in this country. She is charismatic, and, I believe, fairly obviously a devout Christian. If that's what you care about, if that's All you care about, and there are plenty of people that vote their faith, then Sarah is your girl. 

But she was also clearly over her head. Some people out there think Barack is over his head, which is fine, but believing that doesn't all the sudden make Sarah qualified in any way. Sarah Palin was George W. Bush in a dress with a tendency to wink inappropriately. She clearly did not understand governing, and how no desire to learn; she clearly does not understand the limits of her own power, even as Governor she clearly didn't get it, imagine her in the Cheney Chair; and she was clearly willing to alienate Half the fucking country to get the others whipped up like the home team at a fucking football game. 

Thanks for the entertainment, Sarah, I'm glad we collectively sent your ass back to the tundra.

Anyway...

No comments: